Sunday, January 08, 2012

Published!



Last May I ventured down to Longview, Texas for a wedding.  After some excellent barbecue at Carter's Bar-B-Que, I drove over to the Gregg County Courthouse and took some photos of the monument to the Confederate soldier standing on the front lawn.

Flash forward to later last year, when I received an email requesting permission to use one of the photos on the cover of the December 2011 issue of the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine.  The issue is now out, and the result is shown above.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Thanks for sharing useful information. phoenix az painter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it odd what photos and other images people want to find, or need to find. Stuff I think is vital to our global information base, no one bothers with. Images I think are throw aways, someone wants.

    The only photo I've had published recently was a photo of adobe bricks in some new construction in Taos, for a text on . . . well, I'm not sure. They are supposed to send me a copy when it's done.

    So, I'd be jealous of your success -- isn't it clever how they got their logo over the photo in just the right spot? -- but I'm happy someone is having success in contributing to the image bank of the world here.

    Carter's is the place to go in Longview, by the way? Don't get out there often, but I like to keep a list in the glove compartment for those odd trips to odd places.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails